What we do:


Saints Advocate is a Student Leadership Co-Curricular Activity (CCA) in St. Andrew's Junior College (SAJC) that aims to promote awareness and advocate changes for worthy social causes in both the local and overseas communities, by interacting directly with members of the community on a personal and sustainable level, with a clear focus towards being an agent of change.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

The 6th Saints Advocate Inauguration


The 6th Saints Advocate taking their pledge

The inauguration ceremony marked the official beginning of our journey as the 6th batch of Saints Advocate. It was an honour to have received the badge from our previous President of Saints Advocate, Jingxuan, in front of the JC1 cohort. The badge I now don signifies my responsibilities as a servant leader and a role model to the rest of the student population. As a Saints Advocate, it is now my duty to show my care and concern to the community and to be a link between the school and the rest of the community.

I will definitely try my best to render my services to those in need and to reach out to the society as much as I can. Apart from our monthly volunteering activities organised by the Metropolitan Young Men's Christian Association, I, along with the rest of the Sixth, would be embarking on self- initiated projects to extend my services even further. With the support of our peers, I hope to be able to make a change, eventually making Singapore a better place for everyone. As our motto goes, 'Advocating Changes, Inspiring Lives', we aim to evoke positive changes for the society as well as to inspire our peers and the people around us to join us in our journey of service learning. I look forward to working with the rest of the 6th to serve the school as well as the community.


'A noble leader answers not to the trumpet calls of self promotion, but to the hushed whispers of necessity.' -Mollie Marti

By: Shajiah Begum (15S12)

No comments:

Post a Comment